When men are stimulated in sexual activities, blood would flow into their penis which will result into an erection. By then, it would already be possible for sexual intercourse. However, there are some cases where achieving an erection is abnormally difficult, or may even be impossible. This is what we call “Erectile Dysfunction” or “ED”.
Cialis, with a generic name of Tadalafil, is the best oral medication for treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. It is a tablet with a shape of an almond, and each of it can either contain 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, or 20 mg of Cialis. It also contains the following ingredients: hydroxypropyl cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose iron oxide, magnesium stearate, and others. Together with sexual stimulation, it works by increasing blood flow in the penis to achieve an erection. It can also treat benign prostatic hyperplasia, or commonly called as “enlarged prostate” because of its ability to relax the smooth muscle in the bladder and the prostate; Thus, relieving difficulty in the beginning of urination and frequent urinating.
In South Africa, you can get 2 tablets or 20 mg of Cialis for R150 per tab. Cialis started as a prescription drug, until it became available over-the-counter (OTC) just a few years ago. However, despite being an OTC drug, it doesn’t guarantee that careless intake of this drug can cause only shallow effects. Before taking it in, a few guidelines should be observed:
· There are some drugs that give off harmful effects when mixed up with Cialis. Hence, if you’re taking in other drugs, it is highly recommended to consult your doctor first before taking in Cialis.
· If you are allergic to Tadalafil, then of course, you can’t take in Cialis.
· If you’re taking in a nitrate medicine, don’t take in Cialis, as it will result to a drastic decrease in blood pressure.
· Inform your doctor if you have conditions such as heart diseases, high or low blood pressure. Stomach ulcer, recent history of stroke, and other serious conditions.
· Be aware and prepared for its side effects such as headache, dyspepsia, back pain, upper respiratory tract infection, nasal congestion, etc.
Dosing intake of Cialis varies from different circumstances. For a male adult who is using Cialis for ED just as needed, the initial dose would be 10 mg once a day, prior to a sexual activity. If it is used as maintenance, intake would be 5 to 20 mg once a day, depending on tolerability. On other hand, if Cialis is taken in as a medication for benign prostatic hyperplasia, 5 mg is taken once a day, preferably being consistent with the time of intake. In instances where a dose of once-a-day intake has been missed, it should be taken in as soon as possible. However, if it’s already close to the next schedule for intake, it is recommended to disregard the missed dose.
Medicines, such as Cialis, are made to give ease and comfort to our difficulties. Surely, they are effective. But at the same time, they can cause more harm when taken in uninformed. Before taking in Cialis, it is best to consult the doctor and refer to the packaging label for instructions.